domingo, 3 de noviembre de 2019

The Art of Being Normal (Chapters 1 to 10)

Comment on these sentences from The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson:


  • "I take the tape measure and wrap it around my hips. No change. I go straight up and down, like a human ruler."
  • "I straighten the lapels and relax my shoulders. I ordered the size up so it's a bit baggy on me. I don't mind though; this way I can fit a hoodie underneath."
  • "I crouch back down and begin tucking the duvet underneath her, working all the way down her spindly little body until she looks like a mummy."
  • "Bam! The spitball strikes me hard on the back of my neck. I twist round in my seat, Harry is pretending to tie his shoe-laces."
  • "I have loved Zachary Olsen ever since we shared the same paddling pool, aged four. The fact I was once in such close proximity to his semi-naked body is sometimes too much to bear."
  • "Mam's last boyfriend did a runner with our telly. But then Mam's boyfriends always do a runner eventually."
  • "It's a full-length shot of him standing next to a red Ford Fiesta. He must have just finished washing it because it's really shiny and there's a bucket of soapy water at his feet."
  • "She usually wears her hair down but today it's up and I can see her neck. I imagine kissing it. The thought makes me feel hot all over."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario