martes, 12 de noviembre de 2019

The Art of Being Normal (Chapters 11 to 20)

Comment on these sentences from The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson:


  • Because on page twenty-three of the newspaper there is an article about a teenage girl in America who has just been elected homecoming queen at her school.
  • "Hey, how about a quick round of Snog, Marry, Throw Off a Cliff?" Tom suggests.
  • "You will be in detention for the next month, starting tomorrow, and on probation for the remainder of your time here."
  • The saw on the screen is a flimsy little thing, nothing like the massive weapon I'd envisaged Leo swinging about the corridors of Cloverdale School.
  • "We have two, one before Christmas and one in the summer. And Harry is in charge this year. He's promising a snow machine at the Christmas one."
  • Because "normal" kids don't have six files' worth of notes on them. "Normal" kids don't see therapists.  "Normal" kids don't have mothers like mine...
  • Twenty minutes later we pass a dilapidated "Welcome to the Cloverdale Estate" sign. I sit up a little straighter. Mum flicks the interior door locks on.
  • "I had a call from Mr Toolan on Tuesday," she says, setting down her mug.
  • "I mean, the fact a character like her got written all those years ago is big enough. How confusing would that be though? A guy playing a girl pretending to be a guy?"
  • I think of me and Alicia; how we might look walking down the corridor together, my arm slung round her shoulder, hers round my waist."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario